Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Block Yourself!

Want to know the two words that I used to loathe?  
COLOR BLOCK
Colored Blocks

Nooo, not those pretty colored blocks!  
COLOR BLOCK! 

Color Block Silk Shirts - GASP!
The style - which can be bold, obnoxious, and at times interesting, to say the least - was a part of my daily life for over three years. There were actual times if I heard, "Look at the Color Block ----- (fill in the blanks)," I was more likely to block my entire face to contain myself from gasping and yelling out,"What the hell were you thinking when you designed, sold, and mass produced that... interesting... color combination!"

This was the very type of Color Block shirts for men that disturbed me daily for over three years and tainted my imagination of ever wearing Color Blocked anything, ever!!
 
But, fast forward a little over a year and a half and my imagination is no longer tainted, but rather inspired to dress myself in that once despised, but interesting Color Block! I no longer think of color block as the two, three, maybe four tone blocked shirts Charlie Sheen used to wear on Two and a Half Men - instead I think of it as beautiful, reviving, and sometimes daring!

Take a look at this collection I put together of some of my favorite color blocked items out there. Note: All items are $50.00 and under.

Block Yourself


59 Seconds blue dress
$22 - yesstyle.com

Pencil skirt
$23 - windsorstore.com

Leather clutch
$50 - dsw.com

ASOS floppy hat
$21 - asos.com



No comments:

Post a Comment